Pediatric Physical Therapy
Boston Sports Medicine offers specialized treatment for the pediatric patient. We treat children, adolescents and young adults with an array of injuries including: orthopedic, sports, and post-surgical. We understand that treating a pediatric patient requires the support of a whole team. Thus, we work closely with the pediatricians, physicians, specialized health care providers, and most importantly the family members to help our pediatric patients reach their goals. Our physical therapists will make a unique and creative program to engage and interact with the young patient.
Our Allston location also offers aquatic therapy, with a personalized pool that is 4’6”- great for treating the pediatric patient who needs help with weight bearing, strength/conditioning, balance/proprioception, and neuromuscular re-education. We have foam weights and dumbbells, balls, therabands, floaties, and an under water treadmill to help make strength and conditioning in the pool very fun!
We can treat a wide range of pediatric conditions and injuries including:
- Spondylolysis and spondylolisthesis
- Back pain
- Shoulder dislocations/ shoulder instability
- Muscle strains and tendonitis
- Fractures and stress fractures
- Ankle sprains
- Hip dysplasia
- Hip and shoulder labral tears
- Femoroacetabular impingement (FAI)
- Slipped capital femoral epiphysis (SCFE)
- Avascular necrosis of the hip (AVN)
- Knee injuries (i.e. ACL, MCL, meniscus)
- Patella dislocations
- Achilles tendonitis
- Heel pain and Sever’s disease
- Knee pain and Osgood-Schlatter disease
Call our clinic and ask for our physical therapist who specialize in treating pediatric patients!
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO:
READY TO GET BACK IN THE GAME?
Request an Appointment today by calling (800) 346-9153 or use our online form.