Physical therapy for West Roxbury residents is a treatment that helps clients suffering from conditions that limit their movement and physical function. Most people who get physical therapy for West Roxbury clients want to know the best method to solve their physical pains. Early treatments are the best way to prevent major surgical operations and procedures in the future.
Boston Sports Medicine: Providing Physical Therapy for West Roxbury Clients
Boston Sports Medicine is a trusted provider of physical therapy for West Roxbury residents for decades now. In fact, we have been offering exceptional physical therapy to West Roxbury and nearby communities’ residents since 1999.
Our professional physical therapists have treated many competitive athletes, including the Boston Breakers, Zoom Multisport team, Ironman triathletes, and Boston Derby Dames. Our unique industry experience is what allows us to provide the best specialized techniques to our clients.
Types of Physical Therapy for West Roxbury Residents
Boston Sports Medicine offers various types of physical therapy West Roxbury athletes can get to treat different medical conditions. Some types of physical therapy West Roxbury clients can get include:
Active Release Techniques (ART): This type of physical therapy for West Roxbury residents helps normalize the function of your muscles, tendons, ligaments, nerves, and others. This physical therapy for West Roxbury clients uses slide-and-glide techniques to reduce tissue adhesion. ART is the physical therapy West Roxbury clients need to treat bursitis, chronic neck pain, lower back pain, and more.
- Acupuncture Techniques: It’s a type of physical therapy West Roxbury clients get to alleviate physical and emotional stress. We do not use needling when performing acupuncture physical therapy. West Roxbury clients’ energy channels will be accessed through negative and positive pressure, electrical stimulation, and massage.
- Aquatic Therapy: Boston Sports Medical performs aquatic physical therapy for West Roxbury clients in a private Hydroworx salt water pool with an underwater treadmill. It is the perfect physical therapy for West Roxbury athletes who want to improve balance, trunk stability, and overall body awareness.
- Chiropractic Physical Therapy: West Roxbury clients suffering from lower back pain may also experience symptoms like headache and neck pain. Luckily, our specialist provides excellent chiropractic physical therapy. West Roxbury clients can count on us to help improve their range of motion and reduce never irritability.
- Biomechanical Bicycle Fitting: This is the perfect type of physical therapy for West Roxbury cyclists. Bicycle fitting involves getting your measurements to create the perfect customized bicycle for you.
Some of the factors we take into consideration include your reach, joint flexibility, and point-of-contact positioning. The goal of this physical therapy for West Roxbury residents is to determine the most efficient and comfortable way for you to ride a bike.
- Compressive Cooling: Cold packs are not enough to reduce swelling and inflammation fast. Boston Sports Medical uses a state-of-the-art computer-controlled device that wraps your injured limb in ice water while simultaneously applying intermittent massaging pressure.
The low-temperature water pressure is exactly what your injured limbs need to fully recover. Skip the ice packs and get compressive cooling physical therapy instead.
Why Get Physical Therapy for West Roxbury Clients
Through physical therapy, West Roxbury clients will know the cause of their pain as well as how to treat it. Each session of physical therapy includes an initial assessment. We’ll use our proven and effective methods to determine exactly what the problem is. Afterward, we will provide proper physical therapy to West Roxbury clients to alleviate the pain.
The Best Physical Therapy for West Roxbury Residents
For the best physical therapy West Roxbury clients can get, turn to Boston Sports Medicine. We have been doing physical therapy for West Roxbury clients for decades now. Our skill in providing physical therapy for West Roxbury athletes is exactly what you need to get back in the game in no time.
To schedule a session for physical therapy, West Roxbury clients may contact us through our 24/7 hotline. We will help evaluate and treat unusual physical conditions stemming from an injury, disease, or disability.
Boston Sports Medicine: Helping Injured Athletes Get Back in the Game
If you are an athlete, you have a high chance of sustaining injuries in a game. Some people even consider injuries as part of any athletic career. In the event that you get one, the best course of action to take is to undergo physical therapy. This is where Boston Sports Medicine comes in.
Since 1999, Boston Sports Medicine has been providing high-quality physical therapy care to clients in the Boston community and from abroad. Our team specializes in sports, dance, orthopedic, and post-surgical rehabilitation as well as aquatic therapy. Additionally, we have clinics in Boston, Brookline, Somerville, and Watertown.
We know that, as the best sports town in America, Boston has a high demand for good physical therapists. This is why we constantly make an effort to expand the knowledge and improve the skills of our professionals. If you turn to us, you can count on our staff to provide you with the proper treatment, so you can get back in the game and play what you love again.
Our Mission: To Provide the Best Physical Therapy Care Possible
At Boston Sports Medicine, we aim to surpass the highest standard of physical therapy. Our team does this through active participation in the evolution of this ever-changing, dynamic field. By continuously pursuing learning opportunities and seeking discoveries, we help advance our practice and provide our patients with better service.
As much as we concern ourselves with our personal development, we also deeply care about that of our patients. Given this, our team always looks for physical therapy resources to share and help educate the community.
Dr. Michael J. Velsmid: The Boston Sports Medicine Director
In 1995, Dr. Michael J. Velsmid, our director, started his career as a physical therapist at the Department of Veterans Affairs. Through the years, he has gained a solid background in the rehabilitation of high-level competitive athletes, such as marathon runners, college varsity athletes, triathletes, figure skaters, and ballet dancers.
Dr. Velsmid stands out among his peers in the industry for his extensive knowledge training. In fact, he holds multiple degrees, including Master of Science in Exercise Science from the University of Massachusetts, Amherst and Master of Science in Physical Therapy from Simmons College. He also has a Doctor of Physical Therapy degree, which he received from the MGH Institute of Health Professions.
Having wanted to use his ability to serve the community, Dr. Velsmid founded Boston Sports Medicine in 1999. He continues to select capable clinicians for our practice and makes sure that only those who are capable of replicating his quality of care are included in our team.
The Boston Sports Medicine Staff
Boston Sports Medicine is staffed with highly trained, experienced, and licensed professionals. The New England Consortium of Academic Coordinators of Clinical Education has even recognized us for our excellence in clinical education. With us in charge of your physical therapy, you can expect we will do whatever we can to help you get back on your feet and in the game as soon as possible.
What We Offer
No matter what type of injury you get, undergoing physical therapy to rebuild your strength and mobility is the wisest thing to do. You can rely on the Boston Sports Medicine staff for the following:
- Active Release Techniques
- Acupuncture Techniques
- Aquatic Therapy
- Biomechanical Bicycle Fitting
- Compressive Cooling
- Custom Orthotics
- Diabetes and Weight Management Program
- Fitness Classes
- Gait Training/Gait Analysis
- Graston Technique
- Independent Medical Examinations and Record Reviews
- Joint Mobilization
- Laser Therapy
- Massage Therapy
- Manual or Mechanical Traction
- McKenzie Protocol
- Myofascial Release
- Nutrition Counseling
- Post-Rehab Personal Training Program
- Progressive Resistance Excercise
- Running Evaluations With Video Analysis
- Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation/Neuromuscular Stimulation
- Work Reconditioning
Return to Playing Sports With Our Help
Whether you have sustained a sports injury or are suffering from restricted mobility, Boston Sports Medicine is here to help. Contact us today at (800) 346-9153 to request an appointment.